Have you ever had a shirt that was too long for your body or you could only wear it with certain pants. That is my problem, I am too short to wear shirts that are way long unless I am wearing leggings (so it can cover my badunk of course). So, here is my solution….give the shirt an option to be short or long! To do this, I sewed an a peice of fabric that will button up and shorten the bottom. Check out the instructions at the bottom.
Beck’s Uncle Isaiah gave him a miniture, and dangeriously heavy might I add, golf club and he will not put it down. He carries it around like a teddy bear, it is adooooorable. Thanks I-yA-yA as Beck would say. He loves it to peices Just like I love these -new to me- vintage shoes that I thrifted for $10 last week. Got to love a good find.
sewing machine or needle and thread
flexible measuring tape
fabric pen or marking chalk
1. Create the piece of fabric by cutting off from the sleeve or making it from something else entirely.
2. Then pin right sides together and sew the two long sides and one short side, turn inside out and topstitch to make it flat.
3. Then sew a button hole on one end (make sure it is the right length for the button) then cut out the inside.
4. On the opposite end of the piece of fabric, sew it to the inside of the shirt to an inch or so above where you want the shorter length to hit.
5. Then on the outside, a few inches or so above where the fabric piece was sewn, sew a button. Done!