I erased a ton of crutial pictures from my camera…dumb. Like the before picture of this shirt, eh..what can I do, whats done is done! So, let me paint an image in your mind – this top was an oversized shirt long sleeved old lady looking! But for some reason I was drawn to the stripes. I kept imagining it with a tight pencil skirt or high waisted bell bottoms. Hmmmm, sounds nice.
Beck loved this little visit to the green house, I had to pry him away from all the pickable flowers. It was dang cute though. And what is soooooo funny with all that secret telling my husband and kid are having hmmm? Is it about me? Hm? Well, is it!?
sewing machine or needle and thread
flexible measuring tape
fabric pen or marking chalk
1. Turn inside out and mark it by either matching up a shirt next to it or marking it while it’s on.
2. cut of the sleeve’s ends if you want (I did because I’m making a cuff)
3. fold up the front and back to the desired length you want the front and back. I want the front to be shorter than the back so I only took in a little in the back and tapered in the front. I made sure to sew at least half inch to and inch from the the bottom because then it wont turn out on you!
4. Trim off the extra and serge if you want (or zig zag stitch the edges)
5. I This was also the part that was erased, but when I cuffed the sleeves I rolled them at least 2 times, then added 2 or 3 straight stitches about a half inch long around the cuff to secure it. Done!