I got this mickey mouse watch at a disney land trip when I was 6….and loooooved it to death. That and my yellow pluto baseball hat. Whatever happened to pluto?! The planet and the cartoon? Anyway, It was only a year ago that my mom found it and gave it to me and I immediately tried strapping it to Beck’s tiny wrist and no good. So, my solution was to wait until he was older. and wait and wait. But, then I realized….you can SEW you dummy. I took this little watch along with some white elastic and made my own watch band. SO EASY! I made it my size at first then Beck’s and it is WAY cuter on Beck. This is PERFECT for kids because it STAYS on! You can even make it extra long so it wraps around all cute on your wrist or something. Maybe a future project…
He wore it out to this AMAZING Fuxing Park near where we live. It is seriously a party over there. Card games, dancing, painting, playgrounds (which we don’t let Beck on because of the potty training they do over here…will have to tell you later), chatting, eating, etc. I loved the massive trees on both sides of the street, I felt like I was in West Virginia or Tacoma Washington or something. It was nice to see and smell some greenery for a change.
Going to the HUGE fabric mall where I will be bargaining my brains out for some awesome fabric for some awesome tutorials for some awesome people…..you! VERY excited!
Love how Beck clings to Danny’s head. Love my boys.
sewing machine or needle and thread
flexible measuring tape
1. Measure the wrist you are making it for..add a half inch or so.
2. Cut off the old wrist bad or take out the links.
3. slide it into the watch on both sides
4. Here you can do a satin stitch (like the picture shows) which is just a zig zag stitch that is very close together. Or a straight stitch which is what I did.
5. When sewing the elastic together, makes sure you are sewing it together so the end can be hidden behind and facing toward the backside of the watch.
6. Pull the elastic behind the watch. Unless the sides are VERY small, then try to sew it behind the watch in the first place. This is what it looks like!