Growing up I watched SOOOOOOO many old movies from the 50s and 60s and loved them. Because of all these countless hours of viewing time, I fell in love with that era’s fashion. Well, who wouldn’t, so beautiful! One particular movie that popped out at me Charade…Have you guys ever seen it? With Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn? Well, you’ve got to see it, anyway, I always love what she wears in her movies and in this one she wears a few hats like this but leopard print. Divine. I wish women would wear hats like that out and about these days!
This is so easy that you don’t even need pictures to make it!
1. Cut a 6″ to 7″ band that is as long as the circumference of you head + 2″.
2. Cut a circle out that is 7″ x 7″ (smaller to make it taper)
3. Sew the circle to the band, right sides together.
4. Sew the band together, make sure to taper out when you sew it (the circle of the hat is smaller then the bottom of the band where the hat hits your forehead).
5. Repeat with the lining (if you want lining).
6. Pin and sew right sides together, the bottom rim of the hat. Leave a little gap.
7. Pull right side of hat through the gap and push lining up into the hat. Hand stitch the opening closed and if you want you can top stitch the hat into place. DONE!