I’ve been thinking about this heart shaped project forever now and waiting to do it and stick it up around Valentine’s day. I felt it was very appropriate. I think this would be so cute in hot pink with arrows running through it or the word amore written in it. But for now, plain and simple and loving it. I cut off the collar and the bottom to add a more romantic carefree look. Maybe I just got that feeling.
Top to refashion or upcycle if you will
Hairdryer (if you want it done quickly)
Freezer paper (I bought a HUGE roll at walmart for $5)
Iron and ironing board
Something to put in in the shirt to prevent paint linking through to the back
1. Cut out a heart from the freezer paper, leaving plenty of room on the sides of the heart. I folded mine in half and cut a half heart.
2. With the iron on the hottest it will go, iron the freezer paper in place.
3. Slide something in-between the layers of the shirt.
4. Sponge the fabric paint onto the shirt.
*optional – do a second coat after it dries (I liked my heart nice and solid)
5. Wait for it to dry or blow it dry with a hair dryer
6. carefully peel the freezer paper off.
**optional – cut out the neckline and the bottom to create that rolled hem look