Nothing is cuter then a little boy in suspenders….anchor suspenders at that! And surprisingly, he LOVES wearing them. This is the quickest item to make, as well as the cheapest and with the best outcome. You can wear it with jeans or to church. I’m obsessed. I picked up this elastic in China for a couple bucks, and the clasps for a dollar, but many stores carry cute elastic and clasps for cheap.
elastic – depends on the size of person made for
little leather or fabric for the triangle
1. cut the length of the elastic to the length of the person’s front to over the shoulder to back.
2. place two elastic pieces on top of each other, right side of one elastic to wrong side of the other elastic. If you’re using the patterned elastic, make sure that the patterns are both facing the same direction.
3. Flip sewn elastic end open and slide clasp onto the newly sewn seam. Sew a straight stitch above the clasp to keep the elastic together. 5-6 inches above sew the elastic together again by sewing a box with an X in it.
4. Sew the other two clasps in on the front by folding the clasp into the elastic and the elastic ends wrong side together.
5. Cut a non frayable fabric or leather into a triangle and top stitch it over the box that was sewn in step 3.