I’m so excited about this glitter collar necklace because it will dress something up real quick, which in my late pregnancy situation is much much needed. You can wrap this around your neck over anything from a maxi dress to a plain tee shirt, it goes with everything. You can purely wear it as a necklace, just letting it freely sit around your neck with out any clothing’s neckline near by. And when you are lugging around a watermelon sized belly around, you are limited to what you can wear and I feel like the fancier the harder. So this can be the ticket. I seriously want to attach this to everything!
Elmer’s glue or mod podge
something to cover the surface under the project (I used paper)
very small button
needle and thread
1. Cut out the collar in felt to sit nicely around you neck.
2. Sew a very small button to one of the inside end corners, underneath the collar.
3. Hand sew a loop of thread underneath on the other inside end corner of the collar that would fit nicely around the button. (this step can be done at the end as well.
4. Cover the entire surface in glue or mid podge using a sponge brush. Make sure to get the edges and the ends really good.
5. Cover the entire surface, including edges, with glitter.
6. Let dry completely.
7. Shake off the excess onto the piece of paper underneath. This is where you will check to see if there are any spots that need re-gluing and re-glittering. Redo those spots now and let dry.
8. Pour the excess glitter back into the container.
9. Cover the entire surface of glitter with a clear glossy varnish in order to keep all the glitter attached onto the collar and not onto yourself. You could try a clear glossy mid podge instead.