I got inspired from these cute gap blazers with their cute trim….especially the gray with neon trim. Love! So I decided to slap some on a boy blazer and viola, a totally revamped jacket that was easy and cheap to do. Imagine what some neon trim can do for a skirt?
1/4 yard fabric for trim
Needle and thread or sewing machine
Ruler or bias tape maker
1. Cut fabric into stripes. I would cut it into 1.25″ to 1.75″ strips. Depending on how wide you want the trim.
2. Fold trim into even fourths, starting by folding the two ends in and ironing.
3. Then fold in half and iron. This is double folded bias tape.
4. If you need to lengthen the trim, cut the ends at long angles like picture below.
5. Then match the angles up right sides together, try to match them up so they it will come put even when sewn and unfolded. It will look like a 90 degree angle when sewn, but straight when unfolded.
6. Re fold and iron.
7. Cut and fold into the angles of the jacket. I just kept one end straight and angled the other. Pin in place.
8. Sew a top stitch on the trim with machine or by hand.