Loved Marilee’s shower! The coolest! Sushi, nutella cupcakes, amazing decor, and all the presents were hand made and beautiful. If you don’t know Merilee, she has the cutest site (Mermag) for kid’s crafts and she is the sweetest person ever. So excited that she is having a little girl after many years of raising two boys. Check out the rest of the shower here and another shot of the mini peplum top.
Follow this tutorial HERE but in a much smaller size (use a little girl’s top to cut out your peplum top), it is optional to make it sleeveless. If you want it sleeveless, then follow the bottom left photo.
OPTIONAL vintage collar attachment:
1. Cut out 4 pieces in this shape. Make sure there are a pair of two pieces that match up rights sides together.
2. Sew them right sides together like so.
3. Hem the neckline first. Then pin and sew the right side of the raw edge of the collars to the wrong side of the shirt’s neckline.
4. Flip it up and topstitch the edge of the neckline and the folded up collar’s edge.
5. Iron the collar down once turned right side out.
6. Hem arm opening (if you are doing sleeveless).