I’ve been seeing a lot of these cut leather strips around shoes these days, and have been dying to try them out on my own. Why buy the shoe with the strap when you can just add one to one you already own? Then technically you an completely change a shoe’s look with just a little piece of leather, giving you a whole new pair of shoes. Oh, I’m in love with leather more and more.
needle and thread
small amount of leather.
rotary cutter and mat (optional)
Instructions (no-sewing machine required):
1. Cut a strip that is 3/4″ wide and 28″ long if you want it to wrap 2x around, if you want it to wrap 3x around, add 14″ more. Add 14″ per extra wrap around. The middle picture in the picture above shows 4 wrap arounds and all the others only show 2 wraps arounds. I used a rotary cutter and mat here to make the strips perfect, but you can use scissors.
2. Sew a button on at one end of each strip with a needle and thread.
3. Snip open the button holes with scissors.
4. I did a few openings so I could adjust the size according to the shoe and the style of how I want the wrap to look.
5. Make sure the button fits.
6. Wrap when the shoe is on and button!
Instead of sewing on a button, glue the ends together, then put on the strap before putting on your shoe. then slide the strap over the shoe.