I’ve quickly fallen in love with gold as well as these $2 sunglasses from old navy, so naturally I had to match these two up. This is a very straight forward and simple tutorial, but you have to be quiet perfect with taping and drying, NO mistakes. I was a little hasty with the first coat (therefore, I had to do a couple more), but other than that, it turned out perfect. The glossy finish helps it look complete, like you bought it that way. Can’t wait to wear these out!
metallic spray paint
glossy finish (spray paint or varnish of some sort)
exacto knife (only if you want it perfect)
screw drivers to remove ear pieces to the sunglasses
1. Cover the glass of the sunnies with painter’s tape.
*If you want it to look perfect….
2. Use an exacto knife to cut off the excess, to have it fit perfectly around the rim.
3. repeat with the inside too.
4. Unscrew the ear pieces from the frame. You don’t have to do this, I just found it easier to paint.
5. Spray paint the sunglasses, do a couple coats.
6. seal the outside with a clear coat or varnish.
7. Let dry.
8. Peel off the tape.
9. Screw the ear pieces back onto the frames.