Our trip to the grocery store is only 5 blocks away from out house which makes a nice little adventurous city walk for the us. Also a great photo-op! I was trying to get this done before v-day, because this is a “romantic dress” because of its tight revealing nature. But of course it can be made any day of the week and I looooove it.
2 yards of stretchy knit fabric
1. Cut a big rectangle as wide as your hip’s length and as long as your natural waist to the floor plus 2 inches. I always leave a little extra in case of mistakes.
2. Fold in once, iron, then hem the bottom and inch.
3. Fold in twice, iron, hem a 1/2 to 3/4 inch up to the length you want your slit. Mine was 18 inch (just to me knee).
4. Sew the seam up ending the stitch at the beginning of the slit’s hem.
5. Secure the slit from getting any bigger by sewing a topstitch at the top.
6. Cut out the top by using a tight knit shirt as your guide, the top needs to be shorter, ending an inch below your natural waist.
7. Sew up the sides and the shoulders.
8. Hem the sleeve 3/4 inch and the neckline 1/2 inch.
9. Join the top with the bottom by slipping the skirt into the neckline of the top, and pinning the waist opening right sides together.
10. Sew together.