white top: self-made tutorial here button up: thrifted/altered jacket: f21 pants: 7s bag: angela&roi c/o hat: oasap shoes: thrifted
Here is San Francisco, everyone is hip in their own way. Some are wearing Prada and Gucci (a lot of fashion merchandizing majors), some are hand-made and thrifted (That is exactly what I’m sporting – along with bed head and spit up – and a lot of fashion design majors at my school), some are anthropologie, some are indie, etc etc. I love all the diverse styles here. It really broadens your love for fashion and your personal style. Some trends I’ve noticed that a lot of people share here across different styles are these 5 trends, some are “duh” but some may be yet another reminder to try something new!
1. Wide brim hat – great for bed head (me) and a unique twist to an outfit.
2. Double layers – sometimes it is a jean top under a motorcycle jacket or a fitted blazer under an overcoat.
3. Big bag – I do see this a lot at school (yes, big bags are often at school for supplies) but I see it a lot out and about. Mostly totes like bags and zipped tops.
4. Cuffed pants – basically you roll your pants up to show just a little ankle or so it hits just at the top of your shoe.
5. combat boots – or high top shoes in general. Lace them up or strap them on and your ready to go. They go perfectly with almost any outfit, even dresses and skirts. And my favorite is to wear them the cuffed pants. Love.