I made these over-sized granny pants into tighter, zara inspired ones a month or so ago (HERE), and now their loose cuffed shorts! I just had to chop them up for this trip, they were the cutest high waist-ed pants, but as shorts…they may be even cuter.
Last vacation photos of our trip…you can tell that all the little munchkins have become really close…if you can’t tell. They were so adventurous together getting into trouble and sweet to each other with all the loves. I had a hard time parting from my little nieces too (including the older ones…I have the best family).
Pants (something a bit longer than how short you want them)
1.Cut open the middle seam.
2. Cut off the bottom of your pants (step 7 for instructions). Fold the pants in half with the crotch inseam joined together. Cut out 2 piece on the bottom half’s pants on the fold that looks like this. Look to image 4 for unfolded image.
3. Should look like this.
4. Unfold the pants and the piece, then attach the little piece’s edge to the inside seam of the pants.
5. Repeat step #4 to the other opened inside pant’s seam with the other edge of the piece. Repeat with the other pant leg.
6. There should be an opening. Sew it up to make the middle crotch seam.
7. Trim the shorts to be 2 1/4 to 2 1/5 inches past where you want. Hem the bottom of the shorts under a quarter inch.
8. Then iron the shorts evenly under 2 inches.
9. Flip the pants right side, then fold the outside bottom of the shorts out an inch.
10. Iron and add permanent tacks around the shorts about every 3 to 4 inches around.