Everyone needs to learn how to hem, whether it is for yourself, your husband, your kids, your bf or whoever…it is one of sewing basics (along with sewing on buttons). It is so useful, easy, and quick that trying it out for yourself to save a few bucks and a wait may just be worth it.
shoes: shoe cult pants: h&m
pair of pants
marking device (pen or white eyeliner will do)
1. Try your pants on inside out and fold up your pants to where you would like it to hit. Wear shoes you will wear with the pants a lot and walk around in them and watch the folded going-to-be new hemline move to double check that is where you want it. Measure how much shorter it will be. Then MARK the new hemline all around both pant legs on the inside. I used pins, but you can use white eyeliner/pen (I found to be the best) or pins.
2. Cut the pant down to be 1″ from the new hemline mark.
3. Fold raw edge inside 1/2″ and iron.
4. Fold again another 1/2″, iron and pin.
5. Sew the edge of the top fold (from the inside or outside…I prefer the inside so I can see the edge of the fold), just shy of 1/2″ from bottom. Iron and done!
OR you can try sewing with a needle and thread. I’ve never done it that way, but I’m sure it is very possible!