Just another quick diy that is maybe one of the easiest and cutest and best transformations you can make from an old sweater. And this beanie on my 4 year old (yes I have a tiny head) is adorable. And this took all of 5 to 10 minutes. Thats it.
Sweater with beanie and/or snood potential
old beanie for template
1. Cut off everything from the underarm area up.
2. Then sew up the front (if you sweater is an open one like mine). Then roll the edge under a little and topstitch or hand stitch to hid the frayed edge.
1. Cut off the sleeves, and cut them open. I used the sleeves because the knit ribbing at the bottom is great for the knit ribbing on the edge of the beanie.
2. Lay the two sleeves on top of each other, outsides touching. Then trace the shape of a beanie.
3. Sew the markings. Zig zag stitch the edges to prevent fraying.