I love these cute cork boards, perfect for an entry way where you constantly need to be reminded. It is such a pretty way to display what you need to remember or love to remember. They can be so light too that you can hang them with one little nail, tack or even some adhesive putty (which is what I did!). These can also double as a pretty gifts too! Now I have to make some in a few bright “robot” colors for Beck’s room. You can also hot glue some magnets to the back and stick it onto your fridge or you metal front door. I seriously am obsessed.
Here is another way you can display it! Over the mantle and you can place festive things on there or little reminders.
-frames (thrifted for a dollar a piece…try to find a sturdy quality frame made from solid wood, the plastic ones are a headache)
-At least 5/32 thick cork board (I recommend buying in a flat state NOT in a roll) – i fyou buy rolled then you will need tape or a hot glue gun
-exacto knife + memory pad or scissors
1. sand down the frames very well to get off the finish.
2. spray paint and let dry
3. take the back piece or the glass and trace around it on some corkboard.
4. cut out the cork board with an exacto knife on memory board or with some scissors.
5. If you used rolled cork board (it will work against you in staying flat) you will have to hot glue the cork to the backing of the frame or sturdy tape. If your cork if flat and thick enough you will be able to just lay it in there.
6. place inside the frame, secure it in place and done!