I want to do this to every single pair of of skinny jeans I have. It only takes about 20 minutes and you’re done! I just don’t love the baggy, bunchy ankles or that I have to roll them up under every time I wear them. I also hate the look of the ankle of the jeans (hemmed, non-hemmed, or rolled) gapping out from over your booties. Some jeans that look is the desire, but others I want to show off my shoes or my ankles. Thus the cigarette look. I love the cigarette look, where it lays nice and tight with my ankle and hits just in that perfect spot where the top of your shoe hits. Enjoy!
1. Try on and mark where you want your hem to be.
2. Cut off 1″ below that.
JUMP TO STEP 5 IF YOU DON’T WANT TO THIN OUT YOUR SKINNY JEANS
Thinning instructions (cigarette style):
3. Try on inside out and mark how much needs to be taken in. FYI, This only works with stretchy jeans (trust me I have made the mistake in the past with non-stretchy), unless you want to add a zipper to the ankle. So make sure to test the taking in process as you go by trying it on every time you make adjustments so you know you can slide you foot through. So start out taking it in bigger, then going in from there.
4. cut off the etxra material and serge the edges if you want to prevent fray.
Hemming Instructions continued….
5. Roll and pin to hit the mark of where you want the hem to be (roll once half inch then again another half inch).
6. Sew the top edge of the roll 1/2″ from bottom. IRON!