Every pregnant lady I know rely on leggings or rather, can’t live without them! So, here is a VERY easy maternity leggings tutorial that only involved refashion a pair of non-maternity leggings and a tank together. It took maybe 10 minutes to make. And I’ve been wearing it almost everyday since. I love the option of having the band go over most of my belly or folding it down again and to make it lower. No need for jeans or belly bands.
leggings you are willing to cut up
stretchy knit top you are willing to cut up (make sure this top has a good stretch, nothing weak)
1. Cut the top’s half off to make into a tube. Try it on make sure it is nice and snug on your belly.
2. Fold the tube onto itself hiding the side seams inside.
3. Cut the top of the leggings leaving the top to be cut a few inches higher than where you would cut the front.
4. Looks like so.
5. Take the folded tube (from steps 1+2) and pull it over the top of the outside of your leggings, pin the openings together. Sew the edges with a zigzag stitch or a straight stitch if you stretch the opening as you sew.
6. Looks like this when unfolded! Done.